Spring break is fast approaching for many families. That means that unless you are going on vacation, you will have some very bored kiddos here in Michigan! I have compiled a list of some really fun, inexpensive (and some for FREE) activities to do in the Metro Detroit area! Enjoy!
- Visit The Henry Ford to see an amazing collection of artifacts, including the chair Abraham Lincoln was sitting in when he was assassinated and trains up close in person.
- MichiganScience Center
- Visit The African American History Museum
- Go ice skating!
- Visit the newly remodeled Detroit Institute Of Arts. Make sure you attend one of the evening kid's concerts in the main hall surrounded by suits of armor.
- Cranbrook Science Museum. Make sure you view the giant T Rex model and the Wooly Mammoth!
- Visit the Cobblestone Farm
- See the toy trains and old time streetscape at the Detroit Historical Museum.
- Marvin's Marvelous Mechanical Museum. Bring lots of quarters and make sure to use the photo booth before you leave.
- Visit The Ann Arbor Hands On Museum.
- Visit the Museum of Natural History at University of Michigan.
- You can't be in the Motor City without developing at least a little interest in the history of cars. The Walter P Chrysler Museum is a small exhibit, perfect for short attention spans.
- Visit Greenfield Village for great childrens' activities such as: storytelling, make-and-take activities, live musical entertainment, giveaways and more! FREE Museum admission for children under 5.
More coming soon!
- Perfect Nanny Match Team